I was thinking today about my eating habits.
- I eat when I’m bored.
- I eat quickly as if it’s a race.
- I take bites and sips that are too big.
- I eat because I need either the taste or something going down my throat.
- If it’s there, I’ll eat it.
And then it got me thinking of my other habits.
- I curse an unacceptable amount.
- I raise my voice too much
- I actually almost never brush my teeth. ew.
- I think of myself as clean, but I practically don’t shower until told, and never vacuum. My room isn’t horrible, but…it could use some tidying. That’s not a clean person at all.
- I need to do laundry on a day and fold and put away, not just throw. My bed has had no sheets on it for 4 days. That’s not bad at all, but still…
I’m sure I could come up with others. Those eating habits are going to cause major problems in the future.
I gotta change these if I ever hope to even attempt living alone. I’m disgusting.
Mom got me Spendvelopes to budget with. Cute name. But I gotta work on the other things that need to change for me to live alone. Also my impulsiveness and just keeping my opinions to myself in general.
I talk down to people. This is in the dangerous portion of bad habits. My objective and compassionate side is powerless. This is foul and ……Thanks dad. I feel that this is a trait he just passed on to me, and I got it 100%, and partially just something I watched my dad do.
Knowing is the first step. But how do I work on them is my question. When I’m eating, I don’t always have a brain with me. When I’m bored eating, what other option is there? When I’m in the moment and angry, I can’t stop talking down to the person. I feel as if I must. There have to be other ways to get my point across and to make them understand then just raising my voice and making them my slave.
Anger management would work. I just don’t know how to go about managing it. I did that to mom today and it was horrible, I say I’m polite. but I am mean. and I like it…in the moment. How do I go about implementing change??